Major & Minor Roadway
We’ve designed hundreds of miles of major and minor roadways throughout Florida. Whether milling and resurfacing or full reconstruction is required, our engineers dig deep to find the root issue—be it pavement failure, base cracking, or pipe failures under the roadway. Then we identify the most economical and appropriately innovative solution.
HOW WE DO IT
We’ve developed a successful process to establish all expectations, funding sources, and chains of command up front to streamline scheduling and design decisions.
Our team coordinates with all parties involved to ensure successful project delivery and implementation. Some projects call for multiple agency coordination, where multiple municipalities, metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs), local agencies, and FDOT are all players.
For new alignments, we understand the need to identify right-of-way (ROW) needs, establish credible vertical and horizontal geometry, and coordinate all environmental and permitting needs from the onset of design.
As leaders in the transportation industry, Protean Design Group can cover all of your major and minor roadway needs, including:
- Access Management Conversions, Modifications, and Upgrades
- ADA and Pedestrian Feature Improvements/Upgrades
- Bicycle Lanes and Keyholes
- Bus Rapid Transit Facilities
- Cross Slope Correction
- Driveway Connections
- Enhanced Pedestrian Zones
- Existing Roadway Conditions Assessment Reports (ERCARs)
- Horizontal and Vertical Geometry
- Left Turn Lane Addition and Extensions
- Median Refuge Islands
- Pavement Design
- Pavement Type Selection Reports
- Preliminary Engineering Studies
- Resurfacing, Restoration, and Rehabilitation (3R)
- Roundabout Design
- Rural Roadway to Urban Facility Conversions
- Shared-Use Paths
- Sidewalk Design
- Temporary Traffic Control Plans (TTCP)
- Typical Section Packages