We are not your typical engineering firm and we like it that way.
Our interns don't do busy work - they do design work under the direction of experienced professional engineers.
Protean's well-established Student Internship Program has spots available for both our year-round and summer programs. We are looking for super stars who have 4 semesters or less left before graduating with a degree in Civil Engineering.
Our interns do the same work as our Project Engineers (EI) and start on design work right away. Our goal is to expose our interns to as many design elements as we can across highway design, traffic systems, Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) planning, structures - the works!
Year-round Internships are part-time (10 - 20 hours a week) and always flex around class and test schedules.
Summer Internships are full time (35 -40 hours a week) from May - August and flex around each student's break schedule and vacation plans.
These positions are available in Orlando, Tallahassee, Punta Gorda and Pensacola. When you complete your application you will see that all internships are offered through our Corporate office in Orlando, but students can work in any Protean office.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college seeking a degree in Civil Engineering
- Four semesters or less left before graduating
- 18 years or older
- Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Excited to learn more about Transportation Engineering!
Ready to impact your community and your world while doing what you love? Sit back, relax, and browse our job openings.
Earn work experience credits
Interns who work full-time during the summers can earn work experience hours that may count toward the work requirement to become a Professional Engineer (PE).
Employee Events & Parties
Interns are invited to all Protean employee and family events. These can be in-office celebrations or off-site fun days like our popular trips to the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival. Every summer we plan a fun event and families are invited to join in.
All employees get some serious Protean swag on their first day, including a toy Nerf gun so they can participate in our epic Nerf wars.
Your ticket to paradise.
What do you want to accomplish in your career? Apply today to see if we’re a good match.
* Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Protean Design Group in the United States without employer sponsorship. We do not sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.
* Protean is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or citizenship.